Is God calling you?
God calls each person to a life of holiness and service, whether single, married, ordained or consecrated. The Office of Vocations provides discernment opportunities, encouragement, support, education and resources for those responding to God’s call through the ministerial priesthood and religious life. We are committed to fostering an environment where vocations to the priesthood and religious life are valued and nurtured within the domestic church of the family and the local parish community.
May God’s special grace be your source of strength and may Mary, Our Mother, guide your every step. May you be Jesus’ hands and feet in our world. Amen.
Six tips to help you discern God’s call in your life
- Pray every day for grace to hear God’s voice calling you.
- Pray for the right orientation, a genuine dedication to God’s values and purposes so that these are predominant in all your life choices.
- Prayer for the generosity and courage to give the gift of yourself and your life in some concrete way to the cause of the God’s reign.
- Prayer for help in discerning, to know myself better and then to read clearly the various options you are contemplating (Thomas Hart).
- Ask a priest, brother or sister to help you during a discernment period.
- Contact your Diocesan Vocations Director 407-246-4875.
- Spend time with priests/sisters/brothers in order to get to know them and allow them to know you.
- Ask yourself honestly if you have the qualities necessary for the particular vocation that attracts you. Get feedback from others.
- Take advantage of vocation retreats, spiritual books, and videos, which can fill your imagination with things of God and support your vocational discernment.