All children entering St. Mary Catholic School are subject to the policies of the Diocese of Orlando, Brevard County, and the State of Florida. Children entering the early childhood programs must be potty trained and meet the following age requirements:
- Preschool 3-year-old must be 3 years old on or before September 1st of the academic year.
- VPK must be 4 years of age on or before September 1st of the academic year.
- Kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before September 1st of the academic year.
- Grade 1 must be 6 years of age, or have successfully completed Kindergarten at an “accredited” public or private school.
St. Mary’s School requires copies of the following documents
- Current report cards – 2 previous years (if applicable)
- Standardized test scores
- Medical or special needs records
- Cumulative Record Request
- Our office will request all of your child’s records to be sent from your former school to show that your child has been attending school regularly and is in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Student Recommendation Forms – 2 forms
- To be completed by your child’s last teacher, administrator, or guidance counselor. Full disclosure of a student’s academic, behavioral, legal, and medical conditions or learning disabilities is a requirement for admission and continuation at St. Mary’s School.
HEALTH AND IMMUNIZATIONS
St. Mary School complies with all health and immunization requirements of the State of Florida and the Diocese of Orlando. St. Mary School does not accept religious exemptions from families who choose not to have their children immunized. We can only accept Medical Exemptions that can be obtained from your family medical doctor.
All new families will be required to provide the following at the time of registration:
1. The official blue shot record showing proof of the required immunizations:
Entering Pre-K through 6th Grade
- Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus (DPT) 5 dose
- Polio Vaccine 4 doses
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) 2 doses
- Hepatitis B vaccine series 3 doses
- Chicken Pox 1 dose
7th Grade or Above
- Hepatitis B series 3 doses
- Measles, Mumps Rubella (MMR) 2nd dose
- Tetanus-Diptheria Booster (TD) 1 dose
2. Health examination form (Kindergarten and up) on file. Children will not be admitted into school without these required forms on file.
3. Child’s birth certificate
SACRAMENTAL RECORDS – For New Catholic students
For new Catholic students, a copy of the baptismal certificate is required at registration. If you are applying for the Category 1 rate, then your child must be baptized Catholic or is in the process of being baptized. If your child has been baptized, is over the age of seven, but has not received the sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation, then you can contact the Faith Formation office/St. Mary’s Church at 636-6834 for more information on how to enroll your child in sacramental preparation classes.